Re: FW: draft findings on Unsafe Methods (whenToUseGet-7)

From: Keith Moore <moore@cs.utk.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:33:19 -0400
To: "Edwin Khodabakchian" <edwink@collaxa.com>
cc: "'Keith Moore'" <moore@cs.utk.edu>, www-tag@w3.org, "'David Orchard'" <dorchard@bea.com>, www-ws-arch@w3.org, xml-dist-app@w3.org
> Here is a link to an interesting presentation from Roy T. Fielding
> regarding the evolution of various architectural styles:
> http://www.ics.uci.edu/~fielding/talks/webarch_9805/index.htm

Yes, I read that before making my previous posting.  Maybe you had
to be at the actual presentation.  I liked some of the analysis of
different architectural styles, but I didn't find a compelling argument
for REST from reading those slides.  If there's more elaboration in
some paper or another, I'd be happy to read it.

Anyway, the point of my previous posting wasn't so much about REST
pro or con, as the feasability of encouraging/imposing a new architectural
style on the use of HTTP against the weight of so much existing practice.

Keith