Re: Updated proposal for issue 192

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 20:03:04 -0400
To: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
Cc: xml-dist-app@w3.org, noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com, moreau@crf.canon.fr
> Given the discussion around this issue in particular, I suggest that we add a note or a warning saying that implementers of SOAP receivers are encouraged to detect broken SOAP senders that does not conform to the SOAP HTTP binding.

Henrik and I talked about this yesterday.

I still have concerns that the text above is not strong enough
(though obviously the warning could be made stronger than this text
suggests), especially as several SOAP 1.1 implementations do not do
what we recommended there.  But it's not a strong enough concern
to prevent me from accepting this resolution.

[insert applause here]

Thanks, Henrik.

MB