Re: XML Schema Vs. DTD - Re: why no doc type declaration and PIs in SOAP?

Hi,

Sorry to have made things seem more complex ;) ... I think I should
answer at least to the point I have raised!

Kremena Gotcheva wrote:

> Hello all,

.../...

> 4. Any hints as to which specifications are relevant to the DTD vs XML
> Schema discussion and where to find some background reading on it? Same for
> repositories and their implementation.

My point wasn't to advise the usage of DTD over W3C XML Schema for
validation but rather to remind than DTDs are more than just validation
and include internal and external entities declaration.

If you want to raise the subject of which schema language to use (which
is OT on this list and would be better held on xml-dev), there is no
perfect language yet, the answer really depends on the needs of your
project and the list shouldn't be restricted to W3C XML Schema and DTDs
but also include languages such as RELAX NG or Schematron to name few.

Hope this helps.

Eric

--
See you in Scottsdale, Arizona.