Re: why no doc type declaration and PIs in SOAP?

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:38:58 -0400
To: christopher ferris <chris.ferris@Sun.COM>
CC: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@idoox.com>, xml-dist-app@w3.org
Chris,
I have a slight problem with saying "this message is non compliant" but
then saying what receivers should do when they get one.  If I choose to
send the weasels after someone who sends me a DTD, that shouldn't count
against me in the compliance scorecard.  (Recall that you only get a
limited number of SHOULD violations.)  My mind's not firmly made up, but
I tend to side with Jacek that the level of obligation must be the same
on both sides.
	/r$

--
Zolera Systems, Your Key to Online Integrity
Securing Web services: XML, SOAP, Dig-sig, Encryption