Re: text/xml for SOAP is incorrect

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@idoox.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 16:10:20 +0200 (CEST)
To: Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>
cc: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
 as somebody wrote before, transforming content on its way based
solely on its content-type is not very nice. But I agree such
transformations might be harmful as SOAP does indeed forbid some
 But OTOH SOAP messages are XML so they should be allowed to be
handled as XML when they reach an address with a generic XML
 I don't think dispatch is a misuse of MIME Content-type
information. I think that creating specific content types for the
purpose of dispatching when better or at least equal other means
of dispatch exist is misuse of the content-type mechanism.

                            Jacek Kopecky

P.S: 21st century started on Sep 11, 2001