Re: text/xml for SOAP is incorrect

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@idoox.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 17:26:13 +0200 (CEST)
To: "John J. Barton" <John_Barton@hpl.hp.com>
cc: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Hello all. 8-)

I'd like to voice my +1 on application/xml and on warning against
the path of application/soap_for_book_buying_and_video_buying+xml.

More specific identification of type than application/xml is done
by the XML document's namespace.

If an application needs to dispatch before parsing the document,
that's what different endpoint URIs are for.

If the application is given a URL, for example
"http://foo.com/application", it should be allowed to get all
messages for "http://foo.com/application/**" as well and then it
can dispatch by this URL.

What I don't like about application/soap+xml is that (AFAIK)
soap+xml is not xml (from the viewpoint of MIME content types) so
in case this subtype is not known the data won't even be treated
as XML.

                            Jacek Kopecky

P.S: 21st century started on Sep 11, 2001