Re: Proposed text for closure of issue 45

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 15:18:38 -0400
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Oops, I just closed[2] issue 45[1], and I had forgotten about this
comment. I am reopening this issue until the Working Group answers
this question.

* Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com> [2001-08-30 15:13-0400]
> >    Errors arising during RPC invocations are reported according to the
> >    following rules (in order of precedence):
>
> increasing or decreasing order?

I believe that it is by decreasing order, the errors described being
more and more specific. Since it seems to be a source of confusion, I
propose to use the following:

   Errors arising during RPC invocations are reported according to the
   following rules (in descending order of precedence):

  1. http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/xmlp-issues.html#x45
  2. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xmlp-comments/2001Sep/0003.html
--
Hugo Haas - W3C