RE: Proposed text for XMLBase

From: <Noah_Mendelsohn@lotus.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 14:11:42 -0400
To: David Orchard <orchard@pacificspirit.com>
Cc: xml-dist-app@w3.org, xml-dist-app-request@w3.org
Sorry David, I don't think I agree.  The proposal is merely to ban
xml:base on the elements of the SOAP vocabulary itself.  These include
body, envelope, etc.  Surely every SOAP processor inspects those directly
and checks them in all kinds of ways, and if you prefer to depend on
schema validation, xml:base would only be accepted, I believe, if the
corresponding attribute reference were on the (complex types of the)
appropriate element declarations.  Leave it out, and you're done.  Schema
ensures the right behavior.  Whatever the other merits of supporting of
not supporting xml:base, I don't see validation as a problem.  What am I
missing?

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142