Re: SOAPAction Proposal

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 08:05:40 -0700
To: Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>
Cc: Noah_Mendelsohn@lotus.com, Doug Davis <dug@us.ibm.com>, xml-dist-app@w3.org

Yes.

Many implementations already generate SOAPAction, and some have
specific requirements for it; if they read 'optional', they may just
continue to generate it, leaving us in an interop mess.

If we change it to something that says 'you should have a good reason
to use this', that raises the bar a bit.

--
Mark Nottingham
http://www.mnot.net/