Re: SOAP Binding Framework Concerns

From: Kumeda <kumeda@atc.yamatake.co.jp>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 12:16:08 +0900
To: Marwan Sabbouh <ms@mitre.org>
CC: "Williams, Stuart" <skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, xml-dist-app@w3.org
Hi Marwan,

>> If you agree with the paragraph above, the first thing the TBTF needs to do
>> is to pick a transport mechanism, say HTTP, select services it provide, and
>> define interfaces for SOAP to embed SOAP messages into HTTP's service
>> data units (SDUs).
>
> How about this instead?
>
> If you agree with the paragraph above, the first thing the TBTF needs to do is
> to pick a transport mechanism, say HTTP, select services it provide, and
> define the on-the-wire representation  of SOAP messages embedded into
> HTTP's service data units (SDUs).  Please Comment!

Your comment is OK for me, since if we define SOAP-HTTP service interfaces as I
intended in my paragraph, they end up with on-the-wire representation of SOAP
messages provided that the interfaces are correct.

Best regards,
    Yasuo

--
Kumeda, Yasuo                          TEL: +81-466-20-2430
                                       FAX: +81-466-20-2431

Fujisawashi Kawana 1-12-2
Kanagawa, 251-8522 JAPAN