Re: Issue 4 Proposed Resolution (was: why no doc type declaration and PIs in SOAP)

From: Bob Hutchison <hutch@xampl.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 20:37:51 -0400
To: Bob Hutchison <hutch@xampl.com>, <francis@redrice.com>
CC: Andrew Layman <andrewl@microsoft.com>, xml dist <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

You'd think I'd be careful with the word 'it' since it's what got me
involved here in the first place :-)

I understand your paragraph, and I'm wondering similar things to what you
wrote. What I don't understand is why this decision was made. Perhaps
someone can explain why the a SOAP receiver isn't using some kind of
pre-parsed information.