RE: SOAP 1.2 Part 0: Primer Editor's draft available for review

From: <Noah_Mendelsohn@lotus.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 09:32:51 -0500
To: "Nilo Mitra (EMX)" <Nilo.Mitra@am1.ericsson.se>
Cc: moreau@crf.canon.fr, xml-dist-app@w3.org
Nilo Mitra likes:

>> For consistency, therefore, I'll drop the angle brackets from all the
examples except those that show the HTTP

For what it's worth, my assumption was that with something like the caveat
I drafted, you could keep the angle brackets everywhere.  I think primer
readers will expect it.  We did the same thing in schemas...our schema
documents are technically spec'd as infosets:  all are shown in XML 1.0
<..> form.  So, with the caveat, I think your examples need little or no
change, whether or not related to HTTP.   In the case of HTTP, you might
or might not want to illustrate what's actually on the wire (I.e. the
entire HTTP message), in which case infoset is of course not an issue.

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142