Re: i154: are roles invariant?

From: Herve Ruellan <ruellan@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 09:47:51 +0100
To: Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
CC: "xml-dist-app@w3.org" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>, Noah Mendelsohn <Noah_Mendelsohn@lotus.com>, Doug Davis <dug@us.ibm.com>, Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>, Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>
I think we should allow a SOAP node to assume a new role in the middle
of the processing of a message.

But, as stated by Chris and Doug, I think that from the point of view
of an external observer, the SOAP node must behave a though it has
assumed this role before starting the processing of the message. This
includes properly checking for any mustUnderstand.

If we agree on this possibility, I think we should make it clear in the
spec.

Hervé.