SOAP and dynamic structures

From: David E. Cleary <davec@progress.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 11:00:21 -0500
To: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Has there been any discussions or thoughts on SOAP supporting dynamic
structures, where the schema for that structure either appears in a SOAP
header or in the body? For instance, our environment supports dynamic
tables. Outside of SOAP, we support this by sending the schema information
along with the data. While I can see a way of doing this if we control both
sides of the wire, it kind of defeats the purpose. So is there any standard
way that tools and clients can support this type of functionality?

David Cleary
thr Progress Company