Re: Proposal for hierarchical fault codes

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 10:58:57 -0500
To: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>
CC: XML Protocol Discussion <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
>  such a goal, if explicit, would imply that everybody and their
> pet would have to know SOAP Encoding. This would make Encoding
> core.

I never said everybody.  I said the core.  Actually, I never even said
that, I said SOAP Fault. I'm not trying to address a general issue, and
I'm not worried about "slippery slope" arguments. Each data-defining
group can address the issue, or not, as they see fit.

>  "The XML structure of fault is modeled as compatible with the
> Encoding rules (see Adjuncts) but it does not require Encoding
> processing; i.e. it is deserializable using Encoding
> deserializer, it MUST be serialized in a fixed way indicated by
> the schema."

Oh heck, you don't even have to say that much.  Just say "By design,
this definition is compatible with the SOAP Encoding rules."