Re: Proposal for hierarchical fault codes

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 16:42:48 +0100 (CET)
To: Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>
cc: XML Protocol Discussion <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
 Rich,
 such a goal, if explicit, would imply that everybody and their
pet would have to know SOAP Encoding. This would make Encoding
core.
 We can restrict the goal a bit - let the spec say:
 "The XML structure of fault is modeled as compatible with the
Encoding rules (see Adjuncts) but it does not require Encoding
processing; i.e. it is deserializable using Encoding
deserializer, it MUST be serialized in a fixed way indicated by
the schema." I don't know what other structures would be
affected, certainly not Header nor Body because both can contain
multiple elements of the same name and still not be arrays.
 I am opposed to the notion of multistructures in SOAP Encoding.
 Best regards,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   http://www.systinet.com/