Re: Proposal for hierarchical fault codes

So, you're proposing something like

 <soap:Fault xmlns:soap='http://www.w3.org/2001/09/soap-envelope' >
   <faultcode>
     <value>soap:Reciever</value>
     <value xmlns:app='http://example.org/apps' >app:SomeError</value>
   </faultcode>
 </soap:Fault>

the corresponding schema would be;

<xs:schema xmlns:xs='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'
           xmlns:tns='http://www.w3.org/2001/09/soap-envelope'
           targetNamespace='http://www.w3.org/2001/09/soap-envelope' >

   <xs:complexType name='faultcodeType' >
     <xs:sequence>
       <xs:element name='value' type='xsd:QName' minOccurs='1'
maxOccurs='unbounded' />
     </xs:sequence>
   </xs:complexType>

</xs:schema>

This doesn't imply a hierarchy to me but rather that all the fault codes are
of equal 'importance'. But I can see the argument that the order of the
siblings determines importance.

Gudge