RE: Positions on issue 19

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 16:06:47 -0700
To: "Martin Gudgin" <marting@develop.com>, "Asir S Vedamuthu" <asirv@webmethods.com>, "Xml-Dist-App@W3. Org" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Cc: "Allen Brown" <allenbr@microsoft.com>

>OK, now i'm confused. What's the 'global null namespace'? And
>how does it differ from 'no namespace'?
>
>Surely unqualified is unqualified. No more need be said...

It was in reference to your comment about existing APIs. What I wanted
to make clear is that even though "" migth seem to match "" then the
(false) conclusion should not be drawn that two unqualified elements
with no namespace "matches" in the sense that they can be known to be
the same elements.

Henrik