Re: Positions on issue 19

From: Martin Gudgin <marting@develop.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 22:14:57 +0100
To: "Henrik Frystyk Nielsen" <henrikn@microsoft.com>, "Asir S Vedamuthu" <asirv@webmethods.com>, "Xml-Dist-App@W3. Org" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Cc: "Allen Brown" <allenbr@microsoft.com>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henrik Frystyk Nielsen" <henrikn@microsoft.com>
To: "Asir S Vedamuthu" <asirv@webmethods.com>; "Gudgin, Martin"
<marting@develop.com>; "Xml-Dist-App@W3. Org" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Cc: "Allen Brown" <allenbr@microsoft.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2001 7:02 PM
Subject: RE: Positions on issue 19

Note that "no namespace" doesn't mean "the global null namespace". That
is, if I have unqualified "foo" in one context and unqualified "foo" in
another context then I can say nothing about how the two relate
regardless of them having the same unqualified name.

Henrik

[MJG]
OK, now i'm confused. What's the 'global null namespace'? And how does it
differ from 'no namespace'?

Surely unqualified is unqualified. No more need be said...

Gudge