Re: On the ordering of header entries

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 15:16:05 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>
cc: Doug Davis <dug@us.ibm.com>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
On Mon, 21 May 2001, Rich Salz wrote:

> > Just wondering, what's the rational behind not allowing someone
> > to reorder the headers?  Not that I think people will be itching
> > to do it, I'm just curious.  8-)
>
> (Some subset of) the headers might be signed.

It depend on the way you sign, either you sign individually blocks or you
sign a subset of the blocks and the signing block can record the ordering.
So you still don't need to have a fixed order.

If ordering has to be done in the processing, there should be a
surrounding block handling the processing (such block can also add things
to process rollbacks).

--
Yves Lafon - W3C