RE: Intent for siblings after the Body?

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 19:55:37 -0700
To: "Rich Salz" <rsalz@zolera.com>, "XML dist app" <xml-dist-app@w3c.org>

Additional elements are briefly mentioned in section 4. introduction
[1]:

"The element MAY contain namespace declarations as well as additional
attributes. If present, such additional attributes MUST be
namespace-qualified. Similarly, the element MAY contain additional sub
elements. If present these elements MUST be namespace-qualified and MUST
follow the SOAP Body element."

However this is not really useful. Issue 25 [2] addresses this problem
and the question of what one might use "trailers" for. Given that there
are scenarios where trailers come in handy, one can imagine having a
header that refers to the trailer where for example a signature can be
put.

I would suggest you ignore it, pass it to the application, and don't
fail - the header attributes do not apply so I am not sure I can see
what one should fail.

>What's the intended use of elements after the SOAP Body?  The
>schema allows them.  The spec doesn't mention them. Sec 5 says
>multi-ref data goes inside the Body, not after it. As a
>general SOAP processor, am I obligated to make the data
>avaiable to any Header processors?  To the application, after
>I've done all other serializing?

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen
mailto:henrikn@microsoft.com

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP/#_Toc478383494