[Repost] Re: Must understand mustUnderstand proposal

From: Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 09:48:29 +0200
To: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@microsoft.com>
CC: Williams Stuart <skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, XML Protocol Comments <xml-dist-app@w3.org>, Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
[I am reposting on behalf of Henrik and David.]

attached mail follows:

Is this an issue that we have to deal with as part of the basic protocol
or is it something that applications have to deal with? I would say the
latter and I am not sure I can see what we can do about it without
specific knowledge about the semantics of a header. In other words, I
would say that this is out of scope.

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen
mailto:henrikn@microsoft.com