Re: Must understand mustUnderstand proposal

From: Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 11:38:13 +0200
To: Doug Davis <dug@us.ibm.com>, Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@microsoft.com>
CC: xml-dist-app@w3.org
You are right, I had missed that one. From XMLP/SOAP 4.2.2:

     "Omitting the XMLP/SOAP actor attribute indicates that the XMLP/SOAP
     header block is targeted at the ultimate XMLP/SOAP receiver."

But then I think we have an issue with "anonymous" blocks, ie blocks which are
not targeted at any specific intermediary, nor the final destination, but which
contain information that can be factored out and be referenced by other blocks;
examples: a digital signature, credentials, a photograph. If, by default,
untargeted (header) blocks are targeted at the ultimate destination,
"anonymous" blocks are out.

(In a previous thread, "anonymous" blocks used to be called "untargeted"
blocks, I believe.)

Henrik, "anonymous blocks" sounds like a candidate for the issues list.

Jean-Jacques.