SOAPAction thoughts from elsewhere

To get a better idea of the requirments and design of SOAPAction,
I've posted messages to the main IETF list, and later two
firewall-specific lists. The threads are included in the URLs below.

I'd note that Kieth Moore is the author of the 'Using HTTP as a
substrate...' draft, and Darren Reed is the author of IPFilter, and
an acknowledged security/firewall expert.

The subject is "SOAP/XML Protocol and filtering, etc". There are some
good thoughts throughout.

  http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/threads.html
  http://www.nfr.com/pipermail/firewall-wizards/2001-May/subject.html
  http://lists.gnac.net/firewalls/mhonarc/firewalls.200105/threads.html

I've also attached the messages I've gotten, as some haven't shown up
in the archives yet.

If anyone or the group would like me to pass a message or question
on, please just ask.

Mark Nottingham
http://www.mnot.net/

Forwarded message 1