Re: [i95, i22] - Proposal for clarifying use of SOAPAction

From: Martin Gudgin <marting@develop.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 08:02:53 +0100
To: "Jake Savin" <jake@userland.com>, "Painter, Philip" <Philip.Painter@compaq.com>, <frystyk@microsoft.com>, "'Daniel Barclay'" <Daniel.Barclay@digitalfocus.com>
Cc: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Hi Jake,

Thanks for the info and the link. I read the soapbuilders post which
answered my other question; 'How does SOAPAction relate to the request
URI?', answer; 'It doesn't'

I'm tempted to build a table of SOAPAction usage vs. implementation.
Categories off the top of my head would be; dispatching ( figuring out which
piece of code to run ), routing ( figuring out where the message should
go ), filtering ( figuring out whether the message should be allowed
through ), fixed ( some fixed value, e.g. ebxml ). Anyone got any others?
Would such a table be useful?

I'd say Frontier was in the dispatching category.

Cheers

Martin Gudgin
DevelopMentor