Re: [i95, i22] - Proposal for clarifying use of SOAPAction

Hi Martin,

I recently wrote a note to the SOAPBuilders mailing list which summarized
our use of SOAPAction:

Here's a condensed version of that summary:

First, the presence of a SOAPAction header tells Frontier that an incoming
request is SOAP.

We use the path portion of the value of SOAPAction to find the table in our
object database, which contains the RPC handler -- the script which
implements the RPC method.

For example, SOAPAction: "http://myserver.com/myservice/" means "you'll find
the method I want to invoke in the table named myservice". A SOAPAction
value of "/myservice/" is equivalent.

Which script to execute within that table is determined by the name of the
method element -- the first sub-element of the SOAP Envelope's Body
sub-element. If the method element is <mymethod>, then according to the
SOAPAction above, this would mean "find the script named mymethod in the
table named myservice, call it, and return the results".

SOAPAction is not required to be unique per method.

-Jake

PS to Martin: Sorry for the re-send. I wanted to make sure others saw this,
and that it posted to the list.