Re: SOAPAction Proposal

From: Dave Winer <dave@userland.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 09:58:11 -0700
To: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
A general question of philosophy. Is breakage an issue? If not now, when
will it be an issue?

Consider that real SOAP 1.1 deployment is happening now, the results of the
interop work, and as that's happening developers will start to build apps
that depend on the interop.

As a vendor of one of these implementations, I have a stake in continued
interop, if this should fail this will result in breakage for my customers.
They will be right to ask why we didn't coordinate better.

I bring this up in the context of SOAPAction headers, because we use them,
and believe we are in accordance with the SOAP 1.1 spec.

Dave