Re: RE: SOAPAction Proposal

From: Doug Davis <dug@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 11:15:38 -0400
To: <frystyk@microsoft.com>
Cc: "'Martin Gudgin'" <marting@develop.com>, "XML Protocol Comments" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
>Making a high level hint about the content tightly bound to the specific
>instance of a specific message is fundamentally a bad idea.
>Henrik

I believe you've also stated that routing done based on
the SOAPAction is also a bad idea and yet people are doing it
today because the spec doesn't say they can't or even shouldn't.
Do you think we should add those restrictions?

Having the SOAPAction tightly bound to the specific content
of the message is a perfect valid choice (it doesn't violate
the spec) and IMHO the benefits gained are enormous [1].

-Dug

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2001May/0031.html