Re: mustUnderstand on client side

From: Daniel Barclay <Daniel.Barclay@digitalfocus.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 11:05:43 -0400
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:

> We all know that HTTP defines a request/response model and when SOAP is
> used in combination with HTTP, it can take advantage of that message
> pattern. The HTTP model means that if the request fails, we know what to
> do with the fault - send it back to the client.
>
> If the client fails the response either by not understanding it or for
> some other reason, there is no mechanism in HTTP to alert the server.

Could that be handled by saying that when using the HTTP binding, the
client must perform another HTTP request and post the fault message?

Obviously there's the correlation/causality issue to address.

Could that issue be handled by requiring the use of the HTTP keep-alive
option?

Daniel
--
Daniel Barclay