Re: Correlation [was: Transaction IDs]

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 07:46:29PM -0500, Noah_Mendelsohn@lotus.com wrote:
> The possible objection to correlation IDs, which I believe has been
> previously raised, is that
>
> 1) you need to figure out how transport bindings fit in.  When I
> send a request/response over http, I generally relay on HTTP itself
> to correlate the response with the request.  In that case, putting
> ID's in the envelope itself is possible excess baggage.

The proposed definition [1] identified 'implicit' (transport-binding)
and 'explicit' (Module) correlation; if implicit correlation is used,
it supplies correlation, meaning that no extra baggage is required.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2001Mar/0115.html

Mark Nottingham, Research Scientist
Akamai Technologies (San Mateo, CA USA)