Re: Correlation [was: Transaction IDs]

From: <Noah_Mendelsohn@lotus.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 18:25:03 -0500
To: christopher ferris <chris.ferris@east.sun.com>
Cc: cferris@xtacy.East.Sun.COM, dorchard@jamcracker.com, frystyk@microsoft.com, mnot@akamai.com, skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com, xml-dist-app@w3.org
Chris Ferris writes:

>> Binding to the transport is certainly possible in some cases, but
>> not in all. IMHO, it should be carefully considered before use.

Yes exactly, and for all the reasons you say.  That is why I proposed that
there might indeed be a standard means of doing correlation within a
header when needed.  I was trying to point out that there are cases in
which it is inappropriate or sub-optimal, and that it would be good to
have a reasonable architectural relationship between the solutions to the
two cases.  Thanks.

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142