Re: Finalised Glossary Definitions

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:

> [In SOAP]
> Handlers as such do not have names as they are always associated with a
> processor. However, modules have names which is the XML NS URI of that
> module. How a processor finds a handler is an implementation choice but
> it could for example be based on the XML NS URI of the module.
>
> When we look at the XML NS URIs and the actor URIs we in fact have two
> names in a SOAP message:
>
>   * The actor URI identifies the "name" of the receiving SOAP processor
>   * The XML NS URI identifies the "type" of the block.
>
> [...]

Henrik, I had always been thinking of namespaces as a way to avoid
XML-tagname clashes, no more. You are suggesting that XMLP also uses
namespaces to "name" ("type"?)  modules, which I would have done instead
through an additional attribute. From your knowledge, it this particular use
of namespaces suggested by the XML Namespace spec? is it common practice?

Jean-Jacques.