From: "Jean-Jacques Moreau" <moreau@crf.canon.fr> on 2001/03/14 19:55

Please respond to "Jean-Jacques Moreau" <moreau@crf.canon.fr>

To:   Yuhichi Nakamura/Japan/IBM@IBMJP
cc:   "'xml-dist-app@w3.org'" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Subject:  ARe: Abstract Model contribution for Intermediairies (repost)

Dear Yuhichi-san,

Yuhichi Nakamura wrote:

> For 5, assume that a sender sends a request via gateway.  Others should
> know the gateway address, but do not have to know the
> address of the sender application.  Even in that case, the sender address
> MUST be recorded in the path record?

No, this is not what I was suggesting. I think the sender should not count
as
an XMLP Intermediary; and so in your example only the address of the
gateway
would be recorded.

> For 6, this is very good restriction from implementation point of view.
> However, a response is replied directly from an ultimate
> receiver to the initial sender, according to "XML Abstract Processing
> Model" document.  Any idea?

I am not sure which document you are referring to. If you are referring to
Mark
Jones' "Abstract Model for Module Processing", then I don't think your
point is
specifically addressed.

If you are referring to Stuart Williams (et al) "Abstract Model", then I
think
you are misinterpreting what Stuart suggested. Stuart's intent was to allow
response to either come back directly, or through one or more
intermediaries,
hence the reason for the diagrams to look intentionally vague.

> Is there consensus how to address intermediaries (and handlers in the
> abstract model document)?

No, I do not think we have reached consensus yet. Mark Jones and I have
been
floating our proposals around to try to move the WG forward.

Thanks for your comments.

Jean-Jacques.