In Soap, how can I use a schema to validate my clients xml docume nt

From: Veerappan Saravanan <veerappan.saravanan@integral.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 13:44:43 -0500 (EST)
To: "'xml-dist-app@w3.org'" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
How to validate the xml document that I receive from my client against a
schema? I guess the real question is where do I specify that this xml
document needs to be validated against a given schema?

The soap specification says that "Soap message cannot contain a DTD", does
this mean it cannot contain a schema too, or does this mean that the schema
cannot be in the client side but can reside in the server side. If so, how
would I do it?

The addressbook example in xml-soap from apache doesn't seem to validate the
xml file it gets as an input against any schema. Am I missing something
here?

Thanks in advance.
Van
saravanan@integral.com <mailto:saravanan@integral.com>