Re: [AMG] Figure 2.1 suggested revision.

From: Ray Denenberg <rden@loc.gov>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 13:25:40 -0500
CC: "'xml-dist-app@w3.org'" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Jean-Jacques Moreau wrote:

> What about XMLP Service ? This would fit nicely with the forthcoming workshop on
> Web Services...

(I assume you meant to say "XMLP Service-user" and not  "XMLP Service")

This confusion between service in the abstract and real service is what I think we
need to avoid. In the abstract (the old OSI service conventions),  layer N provides
"service" to layer N+1.  I think we need to avoid using "service" in that sense.
The workshop is about applications. That's what they mean by "services".

I also don't like the use of "client" in this context, because of the confusion with
the client/server model.

 I suggest "XMLP user".

--Ray

--