Re: 37 SOAP 1.1 implementations

From: Dave Winer <dave@userland.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 06:02:52 -0800
To: "Edd Dumbill" <edd@usefulinc.com>
Cc: "XML-Dev \(E-mail\)" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>, <decentralization@yahoogroups.com>, "SOAP" <SOAP@discuss.develop.com>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
>>I'd love to see some interoperability testing done on these things.

Edd, in February we put up a public validator web app for SOAP 1.1:

http://validator.soapware.org/

It's patterned after the validator we did last summer for XML-RPC. The tests
are quite rudimentary, but you can see on that page that a fair number of
implementations have passed. It's kind of a bootstrap. If other people
suggest tests, or put up their own validators, we'll find out more quickly
to what extent there's interop, and most important, be able to see what
other people are doing.

Dave