Re: 37 SOAP 1.1 implementations

From: Edd Dumbill <edd@usefulinc.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 00:38:28 +0000
To: Dave Winer <dave@userland.com>
Cc: "XML-Dev (E-mail)" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>, decentralization@yahoogroups.com, SOAP <SOAP@discuss.develop.com>, xml-dist-app@w3.org
On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 09:56:55AM -0800, Dave Winer wrote:
> Last week we started a directory for SOAP 1.1 developers:
> There are 37 implementations, we just learned of a new one today, from
> Mozilla.

I'd love to see some interoperability testing done on these things.  Now
ebXML have incorporated SOAP it seems it might be appropriate if OASIS
would undertake some kind of conformance initiative.

I know there are basic tests swimming around, but my feeling is that we
need something aggressive to prove that SOAP really is interoperating.

Anyone from OASIS (or W3C QA?) want to comment on this one?

-- Edd