RFC: A Little IDL

From: Dave Winer <dave@userland.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 08:36:19 -0800
To: "SOAP" <SOAP@DISCUSS.DEVELOP.COM>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>, "XML-Dev \(E-mail\)" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>, <soap@userland.com>
Motivation: WSDL appears relatively difficult or impossible for (some)
scripting environments to support. I wanted to start a public exploration of
IDLs, so we can learn what the issues are, and the benefits, and to spark
development of aggregators and directories. I also wanted to support XML-RPC
so the fresh SOAP and deep XML-RPC communities get to know each other and
can work with each other.

http://www.xmlrpc.com/alidl

Comments are requested on the XML-RPC discussion group and/or XML-RPC mail
list. Pointers to both are at the bottom of the spec.

Dave

Dave Winer, UserLand Software
Daily notes: http://www.scripting.com/
"It's even worse than it appears."