Re: WG:RPC

marwan sabbouh wrote:

> we were asked to look into how RPC fit into the XMLP
> architecture. Is  Rpc a module? or Is it an
> application that sits on top of XMLP?  --

This is difficult without some layered architecture to refer to. Can we
informally designate some of the layers we're talking about, just for a frame of
reference?

Let's say there's an XP layer. Just below it is, let's say, the "message
transfer" layer, which may be http or beep. Below that is the transport layer.

If we can accept that for sake of discussion, my question would be, what's on
top of the XP layer?  Is it another layer, with a bunch of modules, one of which
is RPC, and on top of that, there's the application?    Or does the application
sit on top of the XP layer?

--Ray

Ray Denenberg
Library of Congress