RE: Multiple SOAP messages in a single MIME multipart message?

I believe this is perfectly valid (spec-wise).
-Dug

jerry_liu@exch.labs.agilent.com@w3.org on 06/19/2001 08:52:27 PM

Sent by:  xml-dist-app-request@w3.org

To:   LMM@acm.org, xml-dist-app@w3.org
cc:
Subject:  RE: Multiple SOAP messages in a single MIME multipart message?

In the scenario I was thinking of when I posed the original question, the
SOAP messages were destined for a node (let's call it A) which sits behind
firewall and is unable to accept connections from outside the firewall.

SOAP messages meant for A originating from outside the firewall are instead
sent to an intermediate node (let's call it B) which stores them.  Then A
makes periodic HTTP requests to B for retrieve the stored SOAP messages,
which if they exist are then returned in the HTTP response body.  Any
returned in a subsequent HTTP request.

I don't think this breaks any SOAP specs (does it?), since RPC requests and
bundle multiple SOAP messages was so we could get them from B to A in a
single HTTP transaction...

Jerry

-----
Jerry Liu, Project Scientist