RE: Multiple SOAP messages in a single MIME multipart message?

From: <jerry_liu@exch.labs.agilent.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:52:27 -0700
To: LMM@acm.org, xml-dist-app@w3.org
In the scenario I was thinking of when I posed the original question, the
SOAP messages were destined for a node (let's call it A) which sits behind a
firewall and is unable to accept connections from outside the firewall.

SOAP messages meant for A originating from outside the firewall are instead
sent to an intermediate node (let's call it B) which stores them.  Then A
makes periodic HTTP requests to B for retrieve the stored SOAP messages,
which if they exist are then returned in the HTTP response body.  Any
returned in a subsequent HTTP request.

I don't think this breaks any SOAP specs (does it?), since RPC requests and
bundle multiple SOAP messages was so we could get them from B to A in a
single HTTP transaction...

Jerry

-----
Jerry Liu, Project Scientist