Re: Multiple SOAP messages in a single MIME multipart message?

From: christopher ferris <chris.ferris@east.sun.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 11:08:06 -0400
To: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
CC: jerry_liu@exch.labs.agilent.com, xml-dist-app@w3.org, Satish Thatte <satisht@microsoft.com>
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:

> You might also want to have a look at DIME/SOAP-RP [2].

Henrik,

While I certainly appreciate how DIME/SOAP-RP [2] might
deal with handling multiple SOAP messages over a single HTTP
POST, it would be quite impractical without some notion
of reliability. If the HTTP connection were to be
broken before all of the messages were processed,
how does each side recover? How does the sender know
which of the messages it streamed actually reached the
destination safely and were actually processed to
some conclusion?

At the very least, the reciever would need to apply some
idempotence check on the messages (I suppose using the m:id)
it receives, and the sender would need to resend the entire
stream/batch of the failed HTTP/POST. That seems fairly
inefficient.

Cheers,

Chris