Distinction between headers and body

From: Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 14:55:01 +0200
To: "xml-dist-app@w3.org" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
It was suggested in the past that the Body was (essentially) syntactic

sugar for an mU Header targeted at the anonymous (final) actor. If so,

is it subject to the same processing model (check all mU first) than
other Headers? I believe it should, unless not all mU are deemed
equal. If not, are we supposed to rollback any anonymous Header that
is processed before the Body fails (i.e. is not understood)?

I am also wondering whether the mU constraint on the Body is not too
strict. What if I only wish to send an indication to a bunch of
multicast destinations, but I do not require all destinations to
understand (or process) my data. Do I need to use a workaround, i.e. a

non-mU Header with an empty Body? Are these sort of limitations
appropriate for the core protocol?

Jean-Jacques.