Re: Comments and element content for serialization

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 11:43:07 -0400
To: Paul Cotton <pcotton@microsoft.com>
CC: W3C XP <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
> When you said "the integer 12" do you mean that the element <i> is
> defined in an XML Schema to be of type
> http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#integer?

No.  I meant the integer 12.  The sender MIGHT be working off run-time
type information in a dynamic language, and the recipient MIGHT be
working off WSDL/XSD, but that doesn't matter.  It's purely a SOAP
question: can
simple values have content that "crosses" nodes?

> If so then why is not the answer to your question found in the XML
> Schema specifications?

Even though it's independant of schema, I'm curious what XSD says.
Unfortunately I don't have the resources (hours/day and stamina) to
fully comprehend XSD myself.
	/r$