RE: A tale of two bindings

From: Eugene Kuznetsov <eugene@datapower.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 15:40:14 -0400
To: "Jacek Kopecky" <jacek@idoox.com>
Cc: <mark.baker@sympatico.ca>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
>  If the SOAP intermediary is an explicit one - i.e. the message

I think that's true in the "straightforward" intermediary case,
from the application point of view.

>  If on the other hand the SOAP intermediary is a "transparent"
> one (as in transparent HTTP proxy), it might use some kind of
> indication that an HTTP message is a SOAP message. Here my
> favourite is the standardized SOAP-specific content type.

Right, I think we are in agreement there -- having some lower-
layer indicator that an HTTP stream is carrying SOAP.

I think there is some gray area between "explicit" and
"transparent", but that's a second-order discussion.

\\ Eugene Kuznetsov
\\ eugene@datapower.com
\\ DataPower Technology, Inc.