Re: Protocol Bindings

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 15:33:33 -0700
To: "Eamon O'Tuathail" <eamon.otuathail@clipcode.com>
Cc: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>, xml-dist-app@w3.org, "Marshall T. Rose" <mrose+mtr.netnews@dbc.mtview.ca.us>

How can you be certain that every underlying application protocol's
authentication scheme addresses all of the use cases for SOAP?

Developers should certainly *consider* using the underlying
application protocol's provided authentication mechanisms, when
available, but there will be occaisions - potentially a number -
where it is inadequate (or unavailable).

--
Mark Nottingham
http://www.mnot.net/