Faultcodes: where to define?

From: Floren Linda ICN EN HO SE 924 <Linda.Floren@pdb4.siemens.de>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 14:36:06 +0100
To: "'xml-dist-app@w3.org'" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Please appologize this newbie question, but I have difficulties
understanding the SOAP faultcode concept.

The  SOAP-Definition (http://www.w3c.org/TR/SOAP) defines 4 basic faultcode
values ("VersionMismatch", "MustUnderstand", "Client", "Server").
In the appendix A.2 the use is illustrated as follows:
<faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode>
It explicitly allows extension of the fault values.

My questions are:
1) Where are these 4 values defined? I can't find them in
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/envelope.xml .
2) If I want to define additional faultcodes in the context of a schema I'm
writing, how do I define/declare them?
    For example: If I want to use SOAP with my own schema at namespace
xmlns:dummy=http://dummy/xxx and want to return a faultcode
"Server.ResourceUnavailable". Do I simply use the value
"dummy:Server.ResourceUnavailable" without defining it in my Schema?

Thanks for your patience

	Linda

Linda Floren, ICN EN HO SE 9, Siemens AG Paderborn
Tel.: +49 5251 8-20783
mailto:linda.floren@pdb4.siemens.de