RE: first class support for flow/correlation/reply-with header co ncept?

From: Williams, Stuart <skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 15:20:57 -0000
To: "'Sanjiva Weerawarana'" <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Cc: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Sanjiva,

The current abstract model draft [1] models the service provided by XMLP as
supporing both a one-way operation and a two-way request response operation.
The implication of the latter is very much the correlation of the 'request'
and 'response' messages from a single operation that you seem to asking for.
The mechanism that provides such correlation within the protocol remains a
matter of design. The model does not model more conversational/session
oriented exchanges. We would have to do more work to abstract longer running
exchanges or conversations that have a free-er message exchange pattern.

[1] is a work in progress, so does not represent a concensus point amongst
the members of the WG.

Regards

Stuart Williams
[1]