Re: ADDR: Addressing discussion

I am having difficulties dissociating the notion of "targeting" from that of
"routing".

According to your own definition, targeting could be at "a particular software
agent on a particular node". If the target is so clearly identified as residing
"on a particular node", it probably means the message has to be routed through
that "node", otherwise the agent will miss it. As a result, the route has to
include all the nodes that are targeted by an XMLP block.

Conversely, I cannot see why a node would be part of a route, unless that node
was being targeted by an XMLP block, or the node was a transport intermediary.
Out of two, only the latter seems to  mandates the notion of route, since the
other aspect is already covered by targeting.

What am I missing?

Jean-Jacques.