Re: INT: Re: Intermediary Discussion

From: Henry Lowe <hlowe@omg.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 09:32:21 -0500
To: "XML Protocol Comments" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
At 08:38 AM 02/07/2001 +0000, Martin Gudgin wrote:

<SNIP>

The idea of defining an abstract model for transport bindings is
excellent.  The XML Protoocol will need to be transported of many
different transports, not just HTTP.  Such a model will ensure we
don't become too dependent on particular services from a particular
transport protocol, e.g., HTTP, making it [very?] difficult to use
other transports, e.g., BEEP.

Hope this idea doesn't get lost.

>[MJG]
>One of the things the Stuart Williams, John Ibbotson and I have discussed is
>the idea of defining an abstract model for transport bindings; what are the
>properties of bindings in general. Then of course we need to provide
>mappings onto concrete transports.

Best regards,
Henry